Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Lollapalooza

This year the March 29th and 30th in the Parque O'Higgins was the Lollapalooza and I think that this one of my best experiences in the life. 

Many band that  I love were there, bands like Cage the Elephant, Phoenix, Arcade Fire, New Order, Vampire Weekend and Pixies.  Phoenix is an alternative rock band from Versailles, that became famous because their track "Too Young" was included on the soundtrack for the movie Lost in Translation, Arcade Fire is an Canadian indie rock band founded in 2001 consisting of husband and wife Win Butler and Régine Chassagne and some friends and family members and my favourite band New order  are an English rock band formed in 1980 by the remaining members of Joy Division, following the suicide of vocalist Ian Curtis.

The atmosphere was very special. The  two day were very warm  but It didn't matter, because the music was amazing and I were with my girlfiend.  And we enjoyed very much the Festival, especially the Arcade Fire's staging, that was a religious experience the best of all the Festival. If Arcade Fire came back to Chile I would go to watch its thousandfold times. After we went  to New Order's show and it was a very emotional show, because they showed images of Ian Curtis the vocalist of Joy Division  the band that I most listened in the school times. 

I planing go to the 2015 version as long as I get the money.   

3 comments:

  1. I like lollapalooza because is a big event and are different band, groups or singers. They play music at the same time and you can choose which artist you wanna see.
    My brother and I will go to the next lollapalooza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diego! I have been there too, but only to see The band "Red Hot Chili Peppers"
    I'm a fan of them, they have the best songs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Diego, you sound so impressed about that big event, I think the last Lollapalooza was too good, I would like to go the next year but it's a little expensive

    ReplyDelete